Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Sellers Unite!

Wow,  There were 50 post to my forum question last night on Etsy,  A lot more than I ever dreamed.  I also had more "production" to do tonight of some handbags.   I was in a serious time crunch.  As I've mentioned before by husband is the keeper of most things computer related.  He is the science nerd of the family.  He saved my hide this weekend when the computer where I keep most of the business stuff crashed.  I couldn't even go into "SAFE" mode.   Luckily he set up a home server which does routine backups.  I was up and running again that night.

    Thus what I had in mind was a perfect project for him.  I told him I had all of these post and needed someway of doing "something" with them.  He created the table below with all of the links to the various shops that responded last night.   It sure made my job easier!   There is so much creativity in these shops and I confess I didn't spend near as much time as would like with them.   It was also interesting the diversity in all of these shops.  Jewelry was the biggest category but all kinds of things are found here. I think Gothic-related items are also well-represented here.  Interestingly we were the only one I think doing quilted handbags.  I think we ended up with the most items for sale, but well below in sales to PoisonApplePotions with over 140 sales now.  Wow, I don't know how you keep up with that!  Second in the list is TcaponePhoto with over 80!   I think one of the most unique items I saw and liked was the macrame dragonfly of KnottyThoughts.  One of my favorite items I've shown here is from LauraBijoux.  She is still looking for her first sale. 

   The table my husband put together is below of the 28 new shops struggling to get started.   The talent is there, but as new shops the sales have a way to go.  All I can say is that it can be a real struggle sometime and a real labor of love.  I wish all of us newbies success in the future.   I think I was the only shop who had to restart.   I hope no one here has to do that!

Shop

Opened
Sales
Favorite
Items


Sept(*)
7
52



Late Oct
8
80’s dress
44



 Oct. 19

12
Chalkboard
51



 Sept. 15

0


10



Sept
 25
34


 Nov. 18

2
Ink Painting
32



Late Oct
139
40



Nov 8 (2)
 1

18


 Nov 5

1
9



1

0


 Sept 05

 82

81


Nov
12

26


Dec
0

7


 Oct. 18

4
15



2

19


Dec
0

28


Oct
0

7


Nov
1

20


 Oct
0
16


Dec
3(*)

31


Nov
0
15


Sept
4

20


 Nov
 0
16


 Oct
6
Shoes
47



7


9


 Nov
 3

6


Nov
0
22


April
 8

8
  

Well I hope you have found this as intersting as I have.   I hope to come back to some of these sites and look around some more.  If my husband as messed up one of the links or numbers let us know.   Thanks to all who responded to my post last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment